Monday, May 9, 2016

Novaturient

I am adding the word, novaturient, to my vocabulary, even though it has not yet been added to the Mirriam-Webster or Oxford English dictionaries. I plan to start using it immediately and often - in my speech and in my writing.


"The middle-aged men and women who took early retirement are novaturient people."

I like this new word because it uniquely describes so many people -- all seeking a change in their lives, behaviors or situations. 


Novaturient is of Latin origin. Nova means new; turire means "the desire to or desire for." Thus, novaturient is a great new adjective that means the desire for something new. 


No doubt, I will use it often to describe myself.



"I am a publishing entrepreneur who has been self-employed for 30 years. I've done a lot of this and a lot of that. Still, I am a fickle, novaturient woman."


Yep, that's me!

No comments:

Post a Comment