Sunday, April 10, 2016

Shopping at Ranch Interiors

On my recent trip to Historic Downtown Brenham, I popped into a few of the charming retail establishments. As always, I was hoping to find a few one-of-a-kind treasures to bring back home.

The first place I walked into was Ranch Interiors on Commerce Street -- a gem of a shop that has been part of the the commercial district since 2004. Ranch Interiors specializes in custom furniture and decor for the ranch, home, patio and office. (If you don't own a ranch, you'll want to buy one after you browse about here.)


At Ranch Interiors, I found beautiful items from North, Central and South America, as well as from Turkey and Italy, including one of my favorites, Vietri tableware. Ah, so many pretty things! Mugs in bright colors, pottery plates in soft pastels! If only my kitchen cupboards could hold another thing.


Ranch Interiors also carries a great selection of decorative pieces by Jan Barboglio (another favorite of mine), I saw a lot of her glassware, candleholders, napkin rings and jewelry (to wear and/or to hang on the wall as art). 

Warning: Giving in to one's temptations is easy here, especially when a storewide sale is underway. I spotted great markdowns on candles and artwork, as well as on so many beautiful objects d'art -- all just waiting to be picked up and taken away.

I bought a some things I didn't need but couldn't resist: a trio of black-and-grey, horn covered boxes (in three sizes). They will be displayed on a sofa table in my living room, and they will hide a bunch of the clutter of my life: electronics, matchbooks, coasters, notepads and pens, reading glasses, etc. 

I also bought a black-and-grey Tibetan wool throw. Again, not something I need, but the longer I looked at it, the more I felt compelled to claim it as my own. 

Later, I realized my new items had a few things in common. They were of the same colors, very textural, a bit exotic and, most definitely, visually pleasing. 

I loved them in the store; I love them more in my own home. And, best of all, they remind me of a wonderful day trip to Brenham; they always will. 








No comments:

Post a Comment