Friday, April 15, 2016

Logophile

I am a logophile. I didn't realize it until today, when I accidentally discovered this word and its meaning.

Logophile = a lover of words. That's me, for sure!

I am a logophile who is always trying to increase her vocabulary and incorporate "new" words into her work.

Already, logophile is a new favorite. It's a simple noun; it will be so easy to use in a sentence and so easy to remember.

Curious about this word, I did a bit of research. I learned that is was first used in 1923 (but not by whom) and there are two other words that share the same meaning - philologue and philologer. All have Greek origins. 

Ok, so now I have learned three new words. Still, I am partial to logophile. I will keep it as my own.  

Logophile = a lover of words.

Yep, that's definitely me!

No comments:

Post a Comment