Sunday, October 25, 2015

Mama Clemenza's

I had heard a lot about the European-style breakfasts at Mama Clemenza’s in Miramar Beach. So, this morning, along with three of my girlfriends, I had the opportunity to experience the place and its heralded dishes for myself.

There, we were greeted by Tammy, the owner. She is a beautiful, dark-haired woman who took great pride in telling us about the menu and its unusual dishes (all recipes handed down from her Sicilian grandmother).

She told us about the Italian Breakfast Panini with prosciutto, eggs and Gruyere; as well as the Lemon Curd Ricotta Pancakes and the Flourless Expresso Biscuits.


She did not, however, tell us how to select from among all of these delectables. The tough decisions were left to us! 

Finally, after a thorough review of the menu, we started with the restaurant's famous Orange Slices -- drizzled with olive oil and salt and pepper. They were amazing - featuring an tasty mix of flavors I've never thought of putting together. (From now on, I will.) 

For the main course, I opted for the Crepe Trio, which included a Lemon Ricotta Crepe, a Banana Nutella Crepe and a Berry du Jour Crepe. My favorite was today's blueberry crepe. Not too sweet and, like the other two, simply delicious!

One of my dining companions ordered the homemade Eggs Benedict with Prosciutto. It was served over a Yorkshire Pudding Muffin with homemade Hollandaise sauce. I did not taste it myself, but I could tell - by the look on my friend's face - it was quite pleasing to the palate!

My friends and I spent quite awhile at Mama Clemenza’s — eating and chatting and eating some more!

I don't know when I will next be traveling to Miramar Beach, but I do know where I'll be having breakfast the next time I'm there. Hopefully, that next breakfast at Mama Clemenza's will be soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment