Wednesday, August 5, 2015

A Bite of the Sweet Life


It's nearly six o'clock in the evening, and I've just checked into the Ritz-Carlton in Denver. I'll be here for two nights, to get a bit of the sweet life here, take notes and, eventually, report on all for readers of Houston Woman Magazine. 

My room is on the 12th floor, on the hotel's prestigious club level. It is large, with a great view of the city. The decor is understated, yet elegant. The two double beds are unusually high off the ground; the pillows and duvets are especially soft and comfy. 

I was tempted, of course, to change clothes, position myself in between those luscious 1000-thread sheets and call it a day. Right then, right there! 

But, of course, I didn't. It was still too early and, as always, I am not one to take a chance on missing anything!

So, I made my way down the hall to the club lounge to grab a bite of dinner and an adult beverage and to mix and mingle with a few other business types who had already gathered there.


Entering the room, I immediately came face-to-face with a beautiful collection of large crystal containers, each filed with freshly made and delicious-looking cookies and confections. All made especially for guests like me!

I smiled, realizing just how appropriate this decadent display of sweets was to the regal space. 

And, then, before I did anything else, I lifted the lid of the container closest to me, removed one of the large chocolate chippers and, without guilt, took a bite. 

It was sweet. Real sweet! 
















No comments:

Post a Comment