Thursday, June 7, 2012

Crime Stoppers of Houston




Thanks to an invitation from Executive Director Katherine Cabaniss, I attended Crime Stoppers of Houston's Annual Awards Luncheon today at the Hotel ZaZa. 


In the crowd of 300 supporters were business professionals, elected officials and law enforcement officers and media. Many are actively involved in trying to keep us safe. It was a treat to be there and meet some of them.

I served on the executive committee of  Crime Stoppers of Montgomery County many years ago, when I was working in The Woodlands, and I was proud of my involvement. When I moved into Houston years later, I donated to the Houston organization. But, for some reason or another, I've neglected to do the same year after year. I regret that. 

So, I'm joining the Live Safe Alliance now!

The Live Safe Alliance is a partnership between Crime Stoppers and us citizens. Its goal is to prevent and solve crime. By joining and donating to the alliance, I can help make a difference in our community. And, of course, who wouldn't want to do that?



https://secure.aldridge.com/secure.crime-stoppers/givenow.html























No comments:

Post a Comment