Friday, June 29, 2012

Branson Airport



For years I had heard about Branson and, for years, I had been planning to travel there and check it out. A couple of months ago, the perfect opportunity to travel to Branson presented itself. 

I received an invitation from the owners of the Branson Airport (BKG) to participate in a three-day FAM (familiarization) trip. They were eager for me (a member of the press)  to experience the ease of getting there to Branson - via AirTran Airways' daily non-stop flights in and out of Hobby Airport! 

Before I knew it, dates were selected and flights arranged. I would depart Houston on June 29 - today - at 3:44 p.m. And, so I did!

I arrived at the Branson Airport about 5 p.m. I was met by Andy Parks, the airport's marketing coordinator. Soon enough, this handsome young man taught me a whole lot about the Branson Airport. 

Located in the heart of the Ozarks, it is the first privately developed and operated commercial service airport in the United States; it opened its doors in May 2009.

The Branson Airport is currently serviced by AirTran Airways, Frontier Airlines and Branson AirExpress, but additional carriers and destinations are on the horizon. Non-stop service is currently available between Branson and Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore/Washington, Chicago, Denver, Houston, Nashville and Orlando, 

The terminal of the Branson Airport is a small and precious gem. It's decor is rustic and charming and provides an appropriately warm welcome to The Ozarks. 


Go; see for yourself! 

For more information on Branson Airport and its subsidiaries, please visit FlyBranson.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment