Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year's Tide


A neighbor of mine posted this photo on Facebook today, and I am simply fascinated by it. 

Not only because it is so symbolic of the season but also because I have chosen to spend this holiday weekend in Charleston - one of our country's most charming coastal cities.

I can imagine myself walking on the beach in this photo.
Watching the tide roll in.  Watching it wash away the past.
Watching it inch ever closer to where we are today.

I can imagine myself walking on the beach in this photo.
 And, being reminded of the old saying, 
"Time (or the tide) waits for no man."
 Nor any woman.

Finding this photo (quite by accident) made me smile.
Then, I was reminded of something else.
There are no accidents!

We are shown the things we are supposed to see.
We are given the messages we are supposed to receive.

And, we share what we are supposed to share!











No comments:

Post a Comment