Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Artist



This afternoon I left the house and a ton of domestic responsibilities to slip into the River Oaks Theatre to see the film, The Artist.


For weeks I'd been wanting to see this movie, but after it took home the "Best Picture of the Year" Award at the Golden Globes the other night, I decided it was about time I moved seeing it to the top of my weekend priority list. I am so glad I did!


I had never seen a silent movie before, so The Artist was an interesting and fun experience.  But, more importantly, I had never thought much about how the "talkies" changed the lives of those in the film industry back in the late 1920s. This film made think about it.


How difficult is much have been for the silent movie icons, like George Valentin in the film, to see an industry change so much - so fast!  Almost without warning!


The Artist is a beautiful film about the past, but it is also a vivid reminder of the constancy of change and the importance of being prepared to accept it and to move along with it.















No comments:

Post a Comment