Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Gourmet Shop at The Sanctuary

My last stop before leaving The Sanctuary was a visit to the hotel's Gourmet Shop, located on the first floor, across the hall from the lobby bar! Such a lovely spot — with so many great take-me-home items!


I picked up a few Christmas gifts (which I won't mention here), but I also brought home a few goodies for myself, including another tin of Benne Wafers (I've become addicted to them!), a "Sounds of The Sanctuary" CD, and, to add to my collection of Junior League cookbooks, a copy of Charleston Receipts, published by the Junior League of Charleston.


During my visit to Charleston, I learned that Charleston Receipts has been in publication since 1950 and is the oldest Junior League book in the United States. It is the classic Lowcountry cookbook and is a staple in every Charleston kitchen. The receipts (Nobody calls them recipes.) are tried and true and used by countless famed hostesses all over the South.


And now, those receipts will be used by one inspired cook n Houston.









No comments:

Post a Comment