Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Spa at The Sanctuary

This afternoon turned out to be a chilly, wet one here on Kiawah Island, so I opted to hang out at the Spa at The Sanctuary.


I wanted to spend some time at a special place where I would be surrounded by tranquil sounds and scents. The spa was the perfect choice.


I was able to spend some time in the sauna and the whirlpool and, ultimately, to get a custom facial. I was in serious need of a treatment that would be relaxing and refreshing, and at the same time, one that would restore the "natural beauty" and vitality to my skin.


Luckily, I got an appointment with a delightful young woman named Cheryl, who suggested I try the 60-minute "Bright and Balancing Facial." This one, she told me, was especially created for skin like mine. (Graciously, she did not elaborate. So, I'm not sure whether she was referring to my oily skin or my aging skin. Immediately, I liked Cheryl.)


A combination of anti-bacterial extracts of tea tree and lavender were applied first to balance and purify my skin Afterwards, a clay mask was applied to draw out the toxins and leave my skin ultra clean and refreshed. Then, to finish up, Anakiri's clarifying skin serum was applied to revitalize my skin. In the end, I emerged with a radiant complexion that (quite literally) glowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment